We at BalletRox hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy during these challenging times.
Here are a few updates:
Right now BalletRox Dance will remain closed until Wednesday, April 8th, and we will extend our season into June. While all of us are hopeful that we will be able to resume normal life soon, we simply have to follow instructions from the City of Boston and the State regarding when we can reopen.
We will keep you posted, and continue to send our enrolled students weekly email updates.
Over the next few weeks, our BalletRox dance teachers will provide online ideas for families to stay engaged in dance, such as short videos of dance combos to try in the safety of your homes, along with YouTube videos that you can watch together as a family.
Here are a few ideas to get your bodies dancing:
For young children:
- Baby Ballet Warm up Dance
- Hopscotch progression https://www.facebook.com/1779482815646624/videos/976124296081978/
- Easy Barre work from Kathryn Morgan, soloist with Miami City Ballet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR6ebjspI9E
- Intermediate Advanced Barre from Kathryn Morgan, soloist with Miami City Ballet
- Full-length Sleeping Beauty Ballet
- Beginner Contemporary with Julie Carter
- Piece of a Tap/Hip Hop mix
- Beginner Tap Combo
- Intermediate Tap Combo
- Baby Shark
Free dance classes and #keepdancing contest:
- Keep dancing! This site provides free dance classes on a daily basis: http://www.clistudios.com/keepdancing
We are hoping to hold virtual meetings once a week or so to engage our Youth Council students via Zoom, an online video platform, where we can meet and continue working with kids remotely on the choreography they have already put together or any new things they would like to tackle, or even just meet and catch up with one another.
Please contact us if you have questions or ideas. We hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy!